Using Cannabis Oil13 February 2023
Cannabis oil is taken sublingually, this essentially means under the tongue. This is because this location makes it more effective for the oil to be absorbed into the bloodstream. It’s important to follow your doctor’s guidance when prescribed oil.
Equipment you’ll need:
- Medication Bottle (CBD/THC depending on prescription)
- Dosing guidelines – e.g. 0.1ml and titration plan e.g. increase by 0.1ml up to 0.5ml once/twice/three times per day or as required.
- Oral Syringe – Provided by the pharmacy with your medication
What to do:
- Measure out the advised dose of oil using the syringe
- Draw up into the syringe
- Distribute the oil under the tongue and hold in the mouth for as long as possible
- Eat something small/fatty prior to administration to help aid absorption and reduce nausea
- Wash the oral syringe as you would other oral utensils (soapy water). Rinse thoroughly and leave to dry
- Seek advice if unsure or problems with manual dexterity (hands/ finger/ sight) which may make administration difficult. We can support you with suggestions for reasonable adjustments
If you have any questions on your medication or the advice given here, please contact us through Live Chat.
6 Best Natural THC Detox Drinks for Medical Cannabis Patients
Key Points THC detox drinks support the body’s natural detoxification processes by providing ingredients that promote liver function, hydration, and increased urine production. However, there remains a lack of scientific…
Passing a Cannabis Swab Drug Test: Tips and Strategies for Medical Cannabis Patients
Cannabis is increasingly being recognised for its potential health benefits and has become a popular alternative for patients seeking relief from various health conditions. However, as a medical cannabis patient,…
Become a patient today
Ready to start your journey?