For all those concerned, please read the following statement regarding our Zero Tolerance Policy on abuse.
We take it very seriously if a member of our staff or doctors is treated in an abusive, violent or threatening way. Safeguarding the care of our staff is extremely important to us and we have a firm policy on abusive behaviour.
Lyphe supports the government’s ‘Zero Tolerance’ campaign for Health Service Staff.
This states that clinicians and staff have a right to care for others without fear of being attacked or abused. We respectfully remind patients that any aggressive behaviour, be it violent or abusive, will not be tolerated and may result in you being removed from the clinic list and, in extreme cases, the police being contacted.
Our staff work tirelessly behind the scenes and we do our utmost to help patients wherever we can.
We ask that our staff are treated with respect and courtesy in all communications – whether that takes place over the phone, online, via email or on social media.
In order for our staff to maintain good relations with patients, we ask all our patients to read and take note of the types of behaviour that are unacceptable:
- Using bad language or swearing
- Any violence or suggestions of violence, including implied or direct threats.
- Verbal abuse towards the staff in any form including verbally insulting the staff
- Racial abuse and harassment will not be tolerated
- Persistent or unrealistic demands that cause stress to staff will not be accepted. Requests will be met wherever possible and explanations given when they cannot
- Causing damage/stealing from the premises or staff
- Attempting to obtain drugs and/or medical services fraudulently
Any patients or users who refuse to adhere to this will be discharged from the clinic and their prescription no longer fulfilled.
Any criminal behaviour will be reported to the police.
We feel that it is important to take a firm stance on this for the safety as well as the mental and physical well-being of all our staff.